Tue, Jul 18, 2017 • Westchester Airport
Here are some updates about activities concerning the Westchester County Airport and privatization plan.
1. White Paper: A white paper with our arguments against airport privatization and concerns about the airport master plan has been sent to the Board of Legislators. It can be found at the link here, Airport White Paper. The cosigners are: Purchase Environmental Protective Association, Citizens for a Responsible County Airport, Federated Conservationists of Westchester County, Sierra Club Lower Hudson Group, Food & Water Watch, Grassroots Environmental Education, and Westchester for Change.
2. Westchester County Airport and efforts to defeat the privatization plan have received some recent news coverage:
3. Rally for Westchester Airport: Stop Privatization and Expansion.
Join us as we raise awareness about the negative financial and environmental impacts that would result from privatization of the county airport.
Mon July 17th, 5:30PM
148 Martine Ave, White Plains, NY
Garage parking across the street
Rally on Facebook
4. If you are part of a homeowner's association, or part of a group that would be able to do so, please consider discussing passing a resolution against privatization of the Westchester Airport and of the airport master plan. We have had a few conversations with a few leaders in Greenwich, CT.
5. We have been monitoring closely, in partnership with a group in our coalition, the developments at the East Hampton Airport. We will continue to explore options to prevent aircraft from violating the voluntary curfew, and related issues.
6. Donations to fight this issue should be sent to PEPA, memo: Airport Fund. Any money unused and earmarked "Airport" will be held in case of future actions, such as if legal action becomes necessary.
Checks are payable to PEPA, at P.O. Box 21, Purchase, NY 10577. Online at: pepapurchaseny.com/give.php
We invite you to visit our website at www.pepapurchaseny.com to read about additional advances being made.